Sunday 8 October 2017

Just Add Ink 380

Since today is World Card Making Day, I found a bit of time to get into my craft room today. I used this sketch from Just Add Ink for inspiration.


I don't often use patterned paper when I make cards but I was seduced into buying the Fresh Florals DSP because it was just so jolly pretty! Today's task was to actually use some of - there's a lot in a pack, so even after using it for an Extravaganza project, I've still got a heap!


The sweet little flower from Bloomin' Love just seemed to fit in with this Fresh Florals paper so I used it to balance out the oval cut out 'friend'. Copper worked nicely as an accent to the Tranquil Tide too. Usually, I'm a big fan of lots of white space but it looked a bit too empty. I repeat stamped the 'thanks' but stamped it off first so that it's just a bit less bold than the main sentiment.


It was a quick card and  a bit of sketch flipping happened but I like how it turned out.

Ingredients
Card: Tranquil Tide, Whisper White, Fresh Florals DSP, copper foil
Stamps: Lovely Inside and Out, Bloomin' Love
Inks: Tranquil Tide
Other: Lovely Words thinlits, Layering Oval framelits, Stylish Stems thinlits, dimensionals, rhinestone, Year of Cheer washi tape.


4 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous Jan. I love that DSP too and Tranquil Tide and Copper go just perfectly together. Thanks for joining us this week at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so elegant Jan! A gorgeous colour combo and I love how your sweet flower really pops amongst the copper leaves. Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card - I really like how you have stamped the wording in the background. Lovely touch. Chantell Just Add Ink

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elegant is the perfect way to describe this Jan. Not being a fan of white space I really like how you stamped the thanks across as a bit of a border, the copper glams it up beautifully too! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete