Friday 6 October 2017

As You See It 160 - DT Card

I was very impressed by the amazingly creative ways in which people used last week's recipe in the challenge. I'm looking forward to seeing how everyone sees this challenge too. This week at As You See It, we have a different challenge: a speed challenge.


The very first time I came across As You See It was late in 2015. I'd really only been obsessed with stamping for a few months and had only recently discovered the exciting universe of the on-line challenge. I found this site and they had a speed challenge using shades of white. I was intrigued and entered it. Completely loved the challenge and thrill of the clock on the countdown! I was hooked!

I hope you will find it as enjoyable as I did. The secret is to have done all your thinking before hand. I spent part of a sleepless night coming up with ways to approach this challenge. Tonight, after work, I laid out all my stamps and inks and bits and bobs. Then, I took a deep breath, started the clock and cut my card base.


I did think I might have been a bit crazy trying to fit in embossing and sponging in the time frame. There was a small intake of breath as I started to heat the white and realised I'd missed a section of the image and had to stop and re-powder it. Originally, I'd intended to put the sentiment on a strip raised up and with perhaps another touch of colour. However, with the clock rapidly hitting the final minute, a more... minimalist... approach to the sentiment prevailed. On the whole though, I like the contrast of the stark words above the strip of colour.


Here's my final timer...


9 minutes 34 seconds!

We'd love to see how you see this speed challenge. You have ten minutes from the moment you begin to make the card. You can use any shade(s) of orange plus you can use neutrals (white, vanilla, black, grey) but no other colours.

You can join up and play with us until 18 October.

If you live anywhere in New Zealand and don't have a Stampin' Up Demonstrator, I'd love to help you with ideas and Stampin' Up products. You can message me through my Facebook page, linked in the sidebar of this blog, or by leaving a comment below.

Ingredients
Card: Whisper White, Shimmery cardstock, Tangelo Twist
Stamps: Awesomely Artistic, Thoughtful Banners
Inks: Peekaboo Peach, Calypso Coral, Tangelo Twist, versamark
Other: white embossing powder, sponges






3 comments:

  1. Fabulous card and envelope Jan - the challenge is tempting...
    Blessings
    Maxine
    aka Kiwime's Kreations

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh, so warm and beautiful! Love that fantastic panel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm deeply impressed - particularly since I've just had a go at this myself and didn't achieve anything nearly as technical!

    ReplyDelete