Tuesday, 4 July 2017

Retro Rubber 66 - DT Card

So much fun in this week's challenge at Retro Rubber - it's wedding time! That's right - get out your old stamps and create a wedding card. Just use at least one stamp older than a year and don't forget to tell us how old it is.


There's a lot of old stuff in this wedding card. The embossing folder and the dies are both older than a year as well. The stamp is from SU's Floral Phrases, new in the 2016-17 catalogue. That's where the stamp on the inside, and on the envelope, came from too.




Please join us in the challenge - we love to see what you do. Apart from the rule about an old stamp and telling us how old it is, the only other thing to remember is not to link up to more than ten challenges in total.

Ingredients
Card: Very Vanilla, Acetate window sheet, Early Espresso. Gold foil
Stamps: Floral Phrases
Ink: Early Espresso (inside and envelope), versamark
Other: Gold embossing powder, Sunshine Wishes thinlits, dimensionals, Hearts embossing folder.
All products Stampin' Up.




13 comments:

  1. Jan, this is one gorgeous card, love how the hearts look with the acetate in the back, this is a beautifully CAS and elegant design, love the embossed panel too.
    Lovely card, teammate.
    Hugs,
    Maria.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely Jan - very elegant! It would work in a number of different colourways too. Love the decorated envelope too - so easy to forget these lovely touches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Jan!
    My name is Karen. I saw your sweet card over on the Retro Rubber Challenge Blog. I'm in love with that heart die-cut you used. I couldn't find any information here about what company it is from. Could you possibly help me out? You can stop by my blog and leave a comment to let me know. I'd be so grateful. By the way, I also run a challenge blog; and if you'd like to play along, I'd be thrilled to have you link up any time. It's called Word Art Wednesday www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.co,m

    Thanks so much for your help. Your card is stunning.
    Blessings,
    Karen Letchworth
    www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen. All products used are Stampin' Up and the heart die is from the Sunshine Wishes thinlit set, still current.

      Delete
  4. Simply stunning! The acetate and die cuts along with the embossed panel are so elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My jaw certainly hit the floor when I saw this beautiful card, Jan! I am pinning it to remember the next time I need a wedding card. Love every sweet detail!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this card SO much! Fabulous and in my faves as I have just purchased a die cutting machine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jan, I loved this from the minute I saw it in the gallery, it is stunning and so very clever. Hope you have a lovely holiday. Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Jan! This was the show stopper of our gallery! So very gorgeous! Definitely need to pin this... love the set-up! Hope your vacation is/was great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jan, your card is beautiful. I love the scribbled hearts, the embossed hearts and the layout of your card. Every detail of it is just spectacular! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mega gorgeous! I lost my ability to breathe when I saw this! So inspiring! ❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this card. Do you have the dimensions of the pieces? I would love to CAS it.
    Thanks for considering it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it. The card front is 10.5cm wide and 14.8 tall (A piece of A4 cardstock cut in half lengthways and folded like a tent). On the front, I have cut out a window 5 cm deep, starting 3 cm down from the top. So the top embossed segment is 10cm x 2.5cm. The bottom segment of the card is the card front (14.8) minus the top flap (3cm) and the window (5cm) so is 6.8cm tall. Correspondingly, the embossed piece for this segment is going to be 0.5cm narrower: a grand total of 6.3cm x 10cm. The window sheet to fill the window is 10cm wide. Since the gap cut out of the card front is 5 cm, I cut the window sheet 3cm larger to make sure that none of the tape I used to adhere the window sheet to the card front would show out from under the embossed pieces: a grand total 8cm x 10cm of window sheet. I hope that helps you.

      Delete