Friday 21 April 2017

Freshly Made Sketches 284

I got out Birthday Blooms last week because going through the retiring list reminded me that I'd not used it in a while. Thankfully, it's not retiring but it was still on my desk after I'd made a card for another challenge and I decided that I wasn't done with it yet.

I've taken inspiration from this week's sketch at Freshly Made Sketches.


Last time, I coloured that glorious bloom with watercolour on watercolour paper. Today, I've used colour pencils and blender pen on shimmery white. I've gone for a very opulent look which seemed right for an anniversary.


I made two gold embossed outline images of the blooms, coloured them with watercolour pencils then fussy cut them. The flower centres have had a coat of clear Wink of Stella. One bloom I cut down smaller. The sentiment is also gold embossed. The layout gave me plenty of places to tape the foiled acetate without any tape showing.


Update: Delighted to be named a Perfect Princess at Freshly Made Sketches.

Ingredients
Card: Basic Black, Shimmery white cardstock, foiled acetate 
Stamps: Birthday Blooms, Falling for You
Colour: versamark and gold embossing powder, watercolour pencils, blender pen
Other: dimensionals


3 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, Jan! The foiled acetate looks so elegant and those flowers are just gorgeous! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful anniversary card. Love the gorgeous flowers embossed in gold and the pretty foiled acetate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is a perfect anniversary card! I like the touch of gold to add some elegance, but you don't lose the color for passion! You make me wish I had this stamp set. :)

    ReplyDelete