Tuesday 18 April 2017

Colour Inkspiration 7

Easter is also the start of first term school holidays. This translates into more crafting time for me, so I was happy to get a chance today to work on the latest palette from Colour Inkspiration.


When the retiring list came out, I went through my catalogue marking the outgoing items. This was not only good to do in terms of saying goodbye to things but it was a great way to be reminded of things that were still in. One of those was the ever so lovely Birthday Blooms set that I hadn't used in a while.

In all of the two years that Tip Top Taupe has been an in-colour, I've never quite made up my mind about it. I loved how it looked with Mint Macaron and Watermelon Wonder and I sometimes thought it looked stylishly elegant and sometimes I thought it looked dull and uninteresting. Colour procrastination... 



I watercoloured the flowers after stamping them in Tip Top Taupe then fussy cut them and gave the centre a lick of Wink of Stella.

After creating the background, I layered over it with vellum. I embossed the sentiment using clear embossing powder because I like the glossy yet subtle effect of it.

So today I'm coming down on the side of liking Tip Top Taupe ... a lot.

Update: Delighted to be a Top 5 Pick at Colour Inkspiration!

Ingredients
Card: Tip Top Taupe, Whisper White, Vellum, watercolour paper
Stamps: Birthday Blooms
Inks: Versamark, Tip Top Taupe, Pink Pirouette, Mint Macaron, Daffodil Delight.
Other: Clear embossing powder, clear Wink of Stella, aquapainter.








3 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, think I need to be making one of these...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jan, I love the vellum iverlay. It really aids in softening the backgroubd so your watercolouring and focal become the star.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that layer of vellum! It gives the background such a nice soft look!

    ReplyDelete