Sunday 6 November 2016

FMS 261 TGIF80

I really like the sketch at Freshly Made Sketches this week.


Despite the attraction, I struggled to get started until I saw the colour challenge at TGIF today. The colour combo is just divine!


I've made a lot of Christmas cards and held a lot of Christmas themed classes lately, so I was looking for a break. This took me back to an old favourite, Butterfly Basics.


I wanted more depth of colour behind the lacy ribbon, so I stamped the long strip stamp from the set underneath the ribbon zone.


I used the Softly Falling embossing folder to give the impression of falling rain on the nature scene and to repeat the dottiness of the Dijon splatters.


Update: Delighted to be the winner of the colour challenge at TGIF this week.

Ingredients
Card: Rich Razzleberry, Whisper White, scrap of Delightful Dijon
Stamps: Butterfly Basics, Timeless Textures
Inks: Rich Razzleberry, Mint Macaron, Delightful Dijon
Other: Sponges, pearls, Butterflies thinlits, dimensionals, Mint Macaron dotted lace ribbon.



5 comments:

  1. Don't know what to say really, your cards are such winners everytime.Love how you have blended the colours on the centre mounted piece and the little touch of grunge will always be a hit with me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card! I love the sponged yellow! So pretty! That butterfly is gorgeous! Looks so elegant embossed in white! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card! Lvoe the butterfly against the background you created! Glad you joined us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Jan! I love the detail you gave the ribbon by stamping behind it. This is a set I need to use more often - you make me want to go ink it up! Lovely card! Glad you could join us this week at TGIF!

    ReplyDelete