Sunday 3 July 2016

Time Out Challenge 60 JAI 318

I loved the card that was the CASE challenge at Time Out this week, so I've had a go at it. I wanted to use my new Swirly Bird bundle so have tried to combine both goals.


Isn't it the most wonderful card? Although I've not done it justice, here is my CASE. You can see the inspiration in the layout and colour choices plus the use of stripes.


The larger, darker rose has been 'winked' all over, while the small rose is only winked in the centre.



I'm also entering this card at Just Add Ink, where the challenge this week is to 'Just Add S', which is the stripes and my brand new, barely-been-inked Swirly Bird and Swirly Scribbles dies.

Update: Utterly delighted to be an Honourable Mention at Just Add Ink!

Ingredients
Card: Watermelon Wonder, Whisper White, scrap of Flirty Flamingo, vellum
Stamps: Brushstrokes, Swirly Bird, Playful Backgrounds, Endless Birthday Wishes
Inks: Watermelon Wonder, Flirty Flamingo, Blushing Bride, Mint Macaron, Black
Other:  Clear Wink of Stella, Swirly Scribbles dies, Pearls, dimensionals, Sponge to lightly distress edge of main panel


6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Jan. I love the colour combination and the stripes and swirls meet the challenge brief beautifully. Thanks for sharing at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so elegant Jan, and I think you've done an awesome job of Casing the original! I love your background stripes and bubbles and the colour and detail of your swirly blooms are fabulous! Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink this week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card truly is wonderful, the thin striped background with those gorgeous bold die cut flowers was a great choice, Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your card, Jan. The striped background is perfectly subtle to showcase those beautiful bold swirly flowers - and loving the bubbles too. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really great CASE, I think this definitely does justice to Therese's card design! I love the stripes and I've never seen this flowers before, they are fab! We already have a new challenge running at TIME OUT, I hope to see you playing along again! Please join us!

    ReplyDelete