Friday 18 September 2015

Paper Players 262 SIP 14

Here I am, once again on a Friday night, trying to get something together for another super challenge at The Paper Players. Into single figure hours left! This time, an unusual yet delicious, colour combination.


I'm pairing this up with a very appealing sketch from Stamp, Ink, Paper.


And in a real departure from my normal modus operandi, I'm going to enter this card into a third challenge. Usually, I make one card, one challenge and occasionally one card, two challenges but only once or twice have I entered three: you get to make more cards this way! But I've been following Darnell  at djkardkreations for a while now and she's having an NBUS challenge - Never Before Used Schtuff. 

In June, I took the plunge into becoming a Stampin' Up demonstrator. When I did so, I mentally said to myself that I wouldn't buy "other stuff" for a while. But.......
.... along came PaperTreyInk with a Bibliophile stamp and die set. Well. What can I say? I'm a recidivist reader. I'm a librarian. I'm a stamper. Book stamps don't pop up every day. No brainer buy up. And then it just sat there looking at me, begging to be used. For a couple of months...




Can't wait to try the author's quote stamps from this set. It includes two of my favourites: John Green and Jane Austen!

Update: Pleased to have this card picked at Stamp, Ink, Paper.

Ingredients
Card: Lost Lagoon, Whisper White, Tangelo Twist, So Saffron, Black
Stamps: SU Dictionary background stamp, PaperTreyInk Bibliophile
Ink: Tuxedo Black
Other: Bibliophile dies, SU Pretty in Print embossing folder, Lost Lagoon marker pen, dimensionals












6 comments:

  1. What a great stamp and die combo - would have been difficult to pass up, for sure! I hope you are enjoying your time as an SU! demonstrator too. Thanks for joining my colour challenge over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that stamp set and dies are awesome, Jan! They combine perfectly with the backgrounds you chose. Thanks so much for joining us this week at The Paper Players AND Stamp Ink Paper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cool card! That stamp set and die combo worked perfectly to an awesome creation! Thanks so much for joining us at Stamp, Ink, Paper for our sketch challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your card!! I, too, love to read so your card caught my eye right away!! Thank you for joining in at Stamp, Ink, Paper!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My eyes truly appreciate the colors you chose for your card. Very sparking, crisp, and introduction to Fall. Thank you for playing this week at the Stamp Ink Paper challenge blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can see why your wonderful design was picked, Jan! It really is a magnificent set of stamps for book lovers and you have done such a great job of showcasing that!! Thank you so much for playing in my NBUS Challenge #5 ~ if you can remember back that far, lol! Being a wife/nurse really interferes with my efficiency!! Thank you, too, for following me! It's a pleasure to meet you and subscribe to your blog! I hope to see you again soon! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete