Sunday 5 July 2015

FMS 193 and In{k}spire Me 205

It's the first weekend of the school holidays today and mid-winter to boot - so I've been very happy to get into my craftroom. Much to my husband's disgust, that time included last night when most of New Zealand was watching the Hurricanes and the Highlanders battle it out for an all-NZ Super Rugby final. Prioritising, I call it. (OK, I confess - I watched the second half.)

I've combined two challenges, since I'm starting to get over my aversion to combining challenges, with the sketch at Freshly Made Sketches and the colour combination at In{k}spire Me.


The purples are such moody colours, they called out for a whimsical, romantic kind of treatment.




The interesting thing about Blackberry Bliss, which I've noticed before, is that when you sponge with it, it changes colour quite significantly and goes a kind of magenta colour. The butterfly was stamped in Blackberry, then I sponged on Wisteria, Eggplant and Blackberry with a cotton bud before covering it. I highlighted parts of the wing with a white gel pen then covered it with Glossy Accents, which deepened the colours and gave it a gloss.

Ingredients
Card: Whisper White, Wisteria Wonder, scrap of Blackberry Bliss for the under-butterfly
Stamps: SU Butterfly Basics, Papillon Potpourri.
Inks: Blackberry Bliss, Elegant Eggplant, Wisteria Wonder
Other: Wisteria Wonder seam binding, Elegant Butterfly punch, sponges, glue dots, dimensionals, rhinestones

5 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous card! That butterfly is amazing, and your combination of purples is lovely. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is beautiful, Jan! Perfect use of the monochrome color schema. Thank you for joining us at Inkspire me. Marion

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous card! I particularly fancy how you colored the butterfly! Thanks for joining us at IN{K}SPIRE_me this week! ~ Annemarie

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great card. Especially love the beautiful butterfly! Thanks for joining us this week at IN{K}SPIRE_me, Heike

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great work with our colours! Thank you so much for playing Inkspire_me this week! ~ Kirstin

    ReplyDelete