Saturday 30 May 2015

Try Stampin' on Tuesday 220

I've been following both Try Stampin' on Tuesday and the Monday Lunchtime Sketch Challenge for a couple of months now, and I'm not sure why, but I keep confusing them. Perhaps it was because I discovered them at the same time or some of the same people are involved.

Anyway, last week I posted a message on the Try Stampin' Facebook page and later in the day, realised that I had publicly confused the two of them! Which really goes to prove that you should not post a comment on Facebook until the first cup of coffee of the day has had a chance to kickstart your brain! So, in atonement, my first task this weekend has been to play the challenge at Try Stampin' on Tuesday.




A pretty straight forward interpretation of the sketch. My first plan had been to use my beloved SU Dictionary stamp in the background but since I'd gone to a 15cmx15cm card to better accommodate the sketch, that wasn't a go. So I had to turn to my discarded library book, first butchered for a Paper Players Challenge earlier this year. Dismemberment gets easier each time you do it, I have discovered and I cut the index page to make the background for this card with hardly any guilt at all. Which, for a librarian, is really saying something!

The result is a quite masculine card and I really love the little glasses die cuts.

Ingredients
Card: SU Black, Coastal Cabana, Whisper White. Book page
Stamps: MFT Eye Chart
Inks: Black
Other: MFT Geek is Chic Glasses die, black marker to colour cut edges, dimensionals

3 comments:

  1. Simply perfect for our challenge this week over at Try Stampin' or Not on Tuesday Jan. I love your design - simply fabulous. Thanks so much for joining us this week. Hope you will come back again soon. Ina DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the cutest card! LOVE LOVE LOVE those spectacles! And I think you probably get the two challenges mixed up (I did too) because Mary Jo is on both teams, LOL! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at TSOT this week! I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a super cute birthday card, Jan! Love the blue glasses and the sentiment that goes along with them. :) Thanks for sharing with us at Try Stampin' or not on Tuesday.
    Sara H.

    ReplyDelete