Saturday 7 March 2015

As You See It 77 and TSSC356

The first time I'd ever seen a speed challenge was just before Christmas at As You See It and it was for white on white in under 10 minutes. I so enjoyed doing that I was delighted to see As You See It was having another speed challenge, this time in shades of purple.



As suggested at the challenge site, being organised is important. I'm lucky to have a permanent workspace and I'm pretty well-organised. I knew in my head what I wanted to do and had my stamps, papers and embossing folder to hand. 

I don't usually combine challenges but have done so once already this week and here I am, doing it again. Maybe, like a lot of things, it gets easier the more you do it! I did like the sketch at the Technostamper Monday Lunchtime Challenge, which I've looked at over the last few weeks (since seeing it mentioned at Wee Inklings) but never played at before.




If I had not been racing the clock, I would have coloured the cut edges of the white panels. As it was, I had the pearls handy in case there was time to put them on the butterflies but would ideally have cut another butterfly and layered them.

Still, I'm pretty happy with this effort, which took 7 minutes 51 seconds from cutting the card base and panels to adding a plain white insert and a punched butterfly on the inside.

Update: Delighted to get a top 3 pick at Monday Lunchtime Sketch Challenge.
and also Top Pick at As You See it Challenge 77

Ingredients
Card: Bazzill Pansy (all my Elegant Eggplant was used), SU Perfect Plum and Whisper White
Stamps: Hero Arts Spring Gems, Clearly Besotted Many Mini Messages
Ink: Elegant Eggplant
Other: SU Decorative Dots embossing folder, SU Elegant Butterfly and Bitty Butterfly punches, Pearls, dimensionals.



2 comments:

  1. Love the idea of this speed challenge and purple is my favorite color! This is a beautiful design, thanks so much for playing along with my sketch challenge this week! Awesome job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really effective for a 10 minute time limit, Jan! I love the bold design and colours. Thanks for playing along with us this week at As You See It Challenges.

    ReplyDelete