Monday 1 September 2014

Fit for Royalty PPA217

Pals Paper Arts is another new challenge that I have discovered during my enforced time off work. This week, there was a lovely sketch challenge.
What came to me was a vision of sumptuousness and hints of royalty, perhaps a mother's day card or a special female birthday. But never has the moonboot, crutches and no-driving been so annoying because it meant I could only rely, once again, on my stash. And I really wanted some gold foil paper to match my antique gold embossing powder! None the less, I'm still happy with the result. I used So Saffron card, So Saffron ink and the Baroque embossing folder to create the background paper and I think it does have the opulent look I was hoping for.



Elegant Eggplant, despite the oxymoronic name, is a rich, lush colour that conjours visions of kings and queens so suited my idea well. The main image, which is the adorable Beautifully Baroque stamp from Stampin' Up, looks superb embossed in gold. I did an alternative version with parts of the image coloured in elegant eggplant but decided it really looked better as it was. 'Queen for a Day,' also embossed in gold, finishes off the vision, along with three rhinestones.

Ingredients
Paper: Elegant eggplant, So saffron, Whisper white
Stamps: Beautifully Baroque, sentiment from You're a Gem
Other: Antique gold embossing powder, Baroque embossing folder, So saffron ink, circle punch and scallop edge punch, dimensionals to raise the centre panel and sentiment, rhinestones

2 comments:

  1. Jan, I love your color palette! It's so crisp and clean! Thanks for playing with the Pals Paper Arts Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful and very royal, Jan! I love that stamp, and you have highlighted it perfectly! Thanks for joining us for this weeks Pals Paper Arts Challenge!

    ReplyDelete